Privacy Notice for Website Users
| The St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity owns and manages three websites:
At St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and all personal data is held by us and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
This Statement (together with our website Terms and Conditions available here), sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us when you use our website – www.smitfc.org.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website, you are indicating acceptance of these terms and providing your explicit consent, where appropriate, to our use of your personal data, including your sensitive personal data, for the processing purposes set out in this Statement.
For the purpose of GDPR, the data controller is St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity of Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 4JH (ICO registration number ZA222666).
The terms data controller, personal data, sensitive personal data and processing all bear their legal meanings under GDPR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us. You may give us information about yourself when you use our website. This includes information you provide when you fill in forms on our website and when you report a problem with our website. Our website includes a function that enables you to make donations to our charity. If you choose to use this function, we will collect the following information about you: your name, address, contact details, debit or credit card number, type, expiry date and security code. You will also have the option to allow us to claim gift aid on your donation.
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence (including the contact details that you provide to us). We will never retain information that you provide to us for longer than is necessary and will securely delete information that is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
- The information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and weblogs and other communication data.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with information about the work of St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity and projects with which we are involved which we feel may be of interest to you, based upon your interest in St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity. This will be in the form of our summer newsletter and other similar materials.
- To help us to further develop our website and other similar websites that we operate (such as the Vicar’s Relief Fund portal).
- To notify you about changes to our website or the services that we offer.
- To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Where relevant, to allow us to process a donation you have made on our online donation page.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting and testing.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To ensure that our website is safe and secure.
- To deliver relevant direct marketing to you provided we have obtained your prior consent and to measure or understand the effectiveness of any direct marketing we send to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about our other services that may interest you.
St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity is committed to reducing deprivation and tackling homelessness. We may carry out research projects on our own or in conjunction with third parties from time to time in order to further the afore-mentioned goals of our charity.
We will obtain your prior consent before using any of your personal data for research purposes. We will always seek to anonymise your personal data so that you cannot be identified from the data processed. Where this is not possible, your information will be held securely and processed in accordance with the legal grounds, strict safeguards and exemptions provided by the GDPR in relation to the processing of such personal data. We will not disclose any research results which contain any personal data in an unanonymised format, unless required to do so by law.
Disclosure of your information
We will always process your information in a secure and confidential manner and will not disclose to any third party without a legal ground to do so under GDPR, such as your consent. Please note, as a small team, we work with, and share data with, a number of suppliers and agencies to carry out our core activities. They do not use any of this data for their own interests. These organisations include platforms such as Donorfy, Stripe, Capita (for BBC Audience Services), Just Giving and several others. If you would like to see a full list please contact Tim Bissett (contact details below). We have ensured that all our partner organisations who store data on our behalf agree to our Data Processing Addendum, and we have verified their own data security complies with our own.
Any disclosures will be made in accordance with GDPR and the Information Commissioner’s Officer’s statutory Data Sharing Code (available to view here https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the European Economic Area. If you use our Services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those Services.
By accepting the terms of this Statement, you provide your fully informed consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes set out in this Statement.
If you notice an error in the information which we hold about you or wish to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, please contact us immediately at the address given below.
As described above, we will also seek your specific consent (before collecting your data) to the use of your data for marketing purposes. If you change your mind you may ask us not to process your personal data for this purpose by contacting us at email@example.com or St Martin-in-the-Fields, 5 St Martin’s Place, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 4JH.
Please note we will store data for as long is needed for financial, legal and/or contractual reasons, until such date as it is no longer to do so.
Access to information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or St Martin-in-the-Fields, 5 St Martin’s Place, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 4JH. Any access request will be free of charge, unless we believe a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. As well as your right to access your personal data, you have a right to correction, deletion, restriction and data portability. Data portability allows you to obtain your personal data and move, copy or transfer this data to another environment in a safe and secure way.
Changes to our privacy statement