After the 2019 Christmas Appeal we have been able to make a grant of £1,000,000 to support the work of The Connection at St Martin’s.
The Connection at St Martin’s is a day and night centre at St Martin’s. It provides a range of support services to people experiencing homelessness in Westminster. Each year, The Connection engages thousands of people to address the causes of homelessness and promote a move on to life away from the streets. This support ranges from hot meals and an on-site NHS doctor, to training and employment opportunities. The Connection recognises that homelessness has many challenges and causes and provides a wide range of services to address these needs and ensure there is help on each step on the path away from homelessness. Support is focused on two vital areas:
- Engagement & assessment – support for people’s homelessness and housing issues
- Night Centre – providing shelter from the streets with a safe place to sleep
- Street engagement – daytime outreach to support rough sleepers
- Weekend resource centre – support for vulnerable rough sleepers
- Activities and skills – resources and training to build life-skills and self-esteem across a range of groups
Promoting Move On
- Housing & Resettlement – specialist services for help with housing, benefits, mental health, drug, alcohol and gambling support.
- Accommodation – support to help people into housing or reconnect with other services
- Enterprise & Employment – training to improve employability and job prospects
- Volunteering – placements at The Connection to provide skills and experience
- Long-term Housing – accommodation through The Connection’s long-term housing project