The Connection at St Martin’s
After the 2015 Christmas Appeal we were able to make a grant of £1,100,000 to support the work of The Connection at St Martin’s.
The Connection at St Martin’s, a homelessness centre next to Trafalgar Square, encourages people on the streets to accept help. For some this can take months, or even years, but it’s the persistence, and not giving up, which is the catalyst for change in people’s lives. Once accessing the service each person is supported by a keyworker towards independent living.
The centre operates around the clock helping over 200 homeless people a day.
Specialist services include:
- Day & emergency night Centre with café, laundry, showers & computers
- Street Outreach Team helping people sleeping rough
- Activities Programme including, art, football and specialist workshops for minority groups
- Advice & Housing preventing homelessness & offering specialist mental health support
- Workspace Training & Employment supporting people back into work
- St Martin’s House – a 16 bed supported housing project in Clapham
To find out more visit www.connection-at-stmartins.org.uk