Bring family and friends together for your very own Sunday Gathering and provide essential support for the St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal.
As the days get colder and the nights draw in, thousands of people who are experiencing homelessness or are vulnerably housed become more at risk in the UK. Hosting a Sunday Gathering is a simple way to raise urgently needed funds to help them, while spending time with your loved ones.
To become a Sunday Gathering host, here are the instructions:
1. Simply set up a Just Giving page by clicking the button below and clicking on the orange “Start Fundraising” button:
2. JustGiving will ask you to create an account, or sign in to your existing one.
3. Follow the step-by-step instructions in JustGiving. Select the category “Virtual gathering” and fill in the details. Please remember to opt in for Charity information. This is very important, so we can send you the pack, with a PDF invite for your guests.
4. You can change the details of your page, such as the Fundraising target or the “Story” section to describe your event, by clicking on the “Edit your page” button.
5. We will be in touch to send you the pack and the PDF invite for you to send to your guests.
6. Once you are ready, invite your friends to your event, including the all important link to your JustGiving page.
7. Once invitations have been sent, guests RSVP by making a JustGiving donation. The suggested amount is £15, although contributions of any value are welcome.
8. Host your event, enjoy and, if you want, share some photos with us in our Social Media channels (Instagram: @smitfcharity and Twitter: @SMITFCharity), using the hashtag #SundayGatheringsForStMartins.
9. Remember to encourage your friends and family to host a gathering of their choice, and raise extra funds for St Martin’s.
If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org