Applications are now open for the new Level 3 Certificate in Providing Homelessness Services, part funded by St Martin in the Fields charity.
This course was developed by Homeless Link and CIH Housing Academy in response to the Kerslake Commission. Following three successful pilots, it is now being rolled out to homelessness services across the country.
With many organisations struggling due to the cost-of-living crisis, we are delighted to have part funded this training opportunity to support the development of frontline worker skills and knowledge. This has enabled fees to be reduced by 50% from £960pp to £480pp for this cohort, making it accessible to more homelessness organisations.
Taken over 20-weeks, this qualification (equivalent to A-level) aims to provide frontline homelessness staff with a challenging and highly relevant grounding in all aspects of supporting people with lived experience of homelessness.
The qualification explores core areas of homelessness and has four compulsory units:
- Unit 1: Homelessness services and prevention
- Unit 2: Role of the practitioner for independent living
- Unit 3: Engaging people with lived experience of homelessness
- Unit 4: Professional practice skills for housing
Completing this qualification can help you to:
- Support people more effectively
- Build confidence in your practice
- Develop your career and provide opportunities for further study
The deadline for applications is the 17th February 2023.
To find out more about the funding, community and resources we have available for frontline homelessness staff, visit our Frontline Network website.